[Openstack-docs] Linking to external install guides

Atul Jha Atul.Jha at csscorp.com
Fri Jul 12 12:27:13 UTC 2013

Hi,

<snip>

I agree. It's not reasonable to expect us to cover everything on Day 0, but a set of basic install docs is reasonable. (Besides, if we don't document the foundation, how can we expect the distros to put things together so they CAN do their own?)

</snip>

The basic install guide, per distro  will be done with help of the people working/familiar on the particular distribution.

<snip>

On the other hand, we are here to document OpenStack, not all of the independent distros, so there's no shame in removing that from our launch day scope.

</snip>

Are you saying we should have only announcement about new release & no install instruction?

Is it?

Atul

http://www.csscorp.com/common/email-disclaimer.php