[Openstack-docs] Hi all - question

Diane Fleming diane.fleming at RACKSPACE.COM
Wed Jul 10 19:55:32 UTC 2013

Yes, the query parameters I'm talking about are on GET requests – mostly list resources calls – where you use the query parameters to filter the results.

For example, list servers, list flavors, list images…..

There aren't a lot of them – is anyone opposed to me showing the query parameters in the URIs?

Diane
Diane Fleming
Software Developer II - US
diane.fleming at rackspace.com
Cell  512.323.6799
Office 512.874.1260
Skype drfleming0227
Google-plus diane.fleming at gmail.com

From: Nick Chase <nchase at mirantis.com<mailto:nchase at mirantis.com>>
Date: Wednesday, July 10, 2013 12:24 PM
To: Diane Fleming <diane.fleming at rackspace.com<mailto:diane.fleming at rackspace.com>>
Cc: "openstack-docs at lists.openstack.org<mailto:openstack-docs at lists.openstack.org>" <openstack-docs at lists.openstack.org<mailto:openstack-docs at lists.openstack.org>>
Subject: Re: [Openstack-docs] Hi all - question

In general, it's unusual to include parameters on POST request URLs.  That's not to say that it can't be done, but I think it might be a bit confusing; even if the parameters are sent on the URL, they ALSO have to be sent as part of the reqeust body, as a normal POST request.

That said, I'd be all for identifying "query" parameters in the tables...

----  Nick