[Openstack-docs] Linking to external install guides

Anne Gentle annegentle at justwriteclick.com
Mon Jul 8 15:03:05 UTC 2013

So, for the last few releases, I would update
http://www.openstack.org/software/start/ with links to the downstream
deployment documentation. It was natural at the time.

What has changed as of last week is that documentation is now an official
"Program" and we'll need to propose the goals for the documentation and
make a scope for release docs. To me, this change means we should be more
tight and targeted with our install docs as they'll be part of the
integrated release.

All that to say, we need to define "what belongs on docs.openstack.org" in
the next month or so. So your question is quite timely. :)

What do you think about defining "official" for OpenStack docs?

Anne

On Sun, Jul 7, 2013 at 9:08 PM, Lorin Hochstein <lorin at nimbisservices.com>wrote:

> Doc'ers:
>
> Now that downstream projects are generating deployment documentation
> (e.g., SUSE, RedHat), should we be linking to these third-party docs from
> http://docs.openstack.org? It seems like a natural thing to do.
>
> Lorin
>
> --
> Lorin Hochstein