[Openstack-docs] Doc'ing Nova V3 API

Christopher Yeoh cbkyeoh at gmail.com
Sun Jul 7 04:03:33 UTC 2013

On Sun, 07 Jul 2013 10:29:36 +1000
Tom Fifield <tom at openstack.org> wrote:

> hmm, the wonders of our wiki never cease:
> https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/NovaApiValidationFramework

One issue with this is that the API validation occurs after
XML deserialization. Which makes API validation in Nova much easier as
we don't need to define two formats to check, but I think it also means
that at least in some cases we can't automatically generate XML examples
from it.

Also the infrastructure for this (let alone the API defs for each
extension) has not yet been merged. The infrastructure patch is
close I think but its a bit unclear as to when this would be
available.

Chris