[Openstack-docs] [openstack/swift] DocImpact review request change I8db176ae0ca5b41c9bcfeb7cb8abb31c2e614527

gerrit2 at review.openstack.org gerrit2 at review.openstack.org
Tue Jan 29 20:08:01 UTC 2013

Hi, I'd like you to take a look at this patch for potential
DocImpact.
https://review.openstack.org/18290

Log:
commit 87a42ab9ca032e1a539f50ac37600f7ee8312e60
Author: gholt <gregory.holt+launchpad.net at gmail.com>
Date:   Fri Jan 25 02:11:19 2013 +0000

    Added fallocate_reserve option

    Some systems behave badly when they completely run out of space. To
    alleviate this problem, you can set the fallocate_reserve conf value
    to a number of bytes to "reserve" on each disk. When the disk free
    space falls at or below this amount, fallocate calls will fail, even
    if the underlying OS fallocate call would succeed. For example, a
    fallocate_reserve of 5368709120 (5G) would make all fallocate calls
    fail, even for zero-byte files, when the disk free space falls under
    5G.

    The default fallocate_reserve is 0, meaning "no reserve", and so the
    software behaves exactly as it always has unless you set this conf
    value to something non-zero.

    Also fixed ring builder's search_devs doc bugs.

    Related: To get rsync to do the same, see
    https://github.com/rackspace/cloudfiles-rsync
    Specifically, see this patch:
    https://github.com/rackspace/cloudfiles-rsync/blob/master/debian/patches/limit-fs-fullness.diff

    DocImpact

    Change-Id: I8db176ae0ca5b41c9bcfeb7cb8abb31c2e614527