[Openstack-docs] [openstack/nova] DocImpact review request change Icba53336556295722c3f8b7345e6cd09d8ccfed9

gerrit2 at review.openstack.org gerrit2 at review.openstack.org
Tue Jan 29 05:47:20 UTC 2013

Hi, I'd like you to take a look at this patch for potential
DocImpact.
https://review.openstack.org/20545

Log:
commit 53f1845cf9f7e3d4fd5b8bfcaf113295757630b5
Author: Rafi Khardalian <rafi at metacloud.com>
Date:   Sat Jan 26 09:02:19 2013 +0000

    Libvirt: Add support for live snapshots

    blueprint libvirt-live-snapshots

    Implements support for live snapshots when QEMU 1.3 and Libvirt
    1.0.0 are available. This implementation may function with other
    hypervisors, at which point _check_use_live_snapshots can be
    adjusted accordingly.

    At a high level, the process is as follows. First we create a
    destination file for the snapshot. This file uses the same backing
    file as the origin disk and is of the same virtual size. We do this
    since the combination of blockRebase and "shallow" copies are the
    only bug-free method available as of QEMU 1.3 (Vish has submitted
    patches upstream). This process ultimately produces a CoW file,
    representing only the current delta between the root disk and
    backing file. The final step converts the CoW delta to a backless
    image matching the format of the origin disk.

    Flags: DocImpact
    Change-Id: Icba53336556295722c3f8b7345e6cd09d8ccfed9