[Openstack-docs] [openstack/nova] DocImpact review request change I1fd42b06d2808edf48cb02ef8067f4c6faf65dc3

gerrit2 at review.openstack.org gerrit2 at review.openstack.org
Mon Feb 11 19:16:02 UTC 2013

Hi, I'd like you to take a look at this patch for potential
DocImpact.
https://review.openstack.org/21255

Log:
commit 475267975b8fa730fa103c46984ff01a08ec38f4
Author: Brant Knudson <bknudson at us.ibm.com>
Date:   Thu Dec 20 14:51:50 2012 -0600

    configuration strategies (WIP)

    Implements: blueprint configuration-strategies

    This change is moving config drive processing from the libvirt driver up to
    the compute manager.

    Currently, compute manager tells the driver that it expects a config drive
    and then the driver builds the config drive.

    With this change, the compute manager tells the driver that the instance
    should be presented a drive with the provided contents.
    In this case, the drive that the manager describes is either
    - the config drive
    - a drive containing ovf-env.xml for ovf activatin
    - a drive containing unattend.xml for sysprep activation

    The type of drive it creates is determined by
    config drive setting (config_drive=True) or
    image metadata.

    You can also pass metadata on the boot to customize the
    ovf-env or unattend file.

    This can be extended to provide alternative configuration
    strategies.

    DocImpact

    Change-Id: I1fd42b06d2808edf48cb02ef8067f4c6faf65dc3