[Openstack-docs] [openstack/nova] DocImpact review request change I4feefd462fd956c9780995ec8b05b13e78278c8b

gerrit2 at review.openstack.org gerrit2 at review.openstack.org
Sat Feb 9 09:41:35 UTC 2013

Hi, I'd like you to take a look at this patch for potential
DocImpact.
https://review.openstack.org/21564

Log:
commit 8ebc6a1bd62994ef6a9b9639067d73eae306087b
Author: Devananda van der Veen <devananda.vdv at gmail.com>
Date:   Fri Feb 8 20:36:19 2013 -0800

    Wait for baremetal deploy inside driver.spawn

    Previously, baremetal driver.spawn returned as soon as the
    machine power turned on, but before the user-image was deployed to the
    hardware node, and long before the node was available on the network.
    This meant the nova instance was marked as ACTIVE before provisioning
    had actually finished. If the deploy failed and the baremetal node was
    set to an ERROR state, the nova instance could still be left as ACTIVE
    and the user was never informed of the error.

    This patch introduces a LoopingCall to monitor the deployment status in
    the baremetal database. As the deployment is performed by
    nova-baremetal-deploy-helper, the database record is updated. Once the
    deployment is complete, driver.spawn() sets the baremetal node status
    and the nova instance status is also set properly. If an error occurs
    during the deployment, it is recorded in the baremetal database, and
    an exception is raised within driver.spawn() allowing nova to
    follow the normal cleanup and notify paths.

    This also allows the baremetal PXE driver to delete cached image files
    when a baremetal deployment fails.

    Fixes bug 1088655.

    Partially fixes bug 1096723.

    DocImpact.

    Change-Id: I4feefd462fd956c9780995ec8b05b13e78278c8b