[Openstack-docs] [openstack/nova] DocImpact review request change Ide48e0adb2e1051e31965c9a8422b27c1a9c40b3

gerrit2 at review.openstack.org gerrit2 at review.openstack.org
Fri Feb 1 00:52:57 UTC 2013

Hi, I'd like you to take a look at this patch for potential
DocImpact.
https://review.openstack.org/20835

Log:
commit 607dd08245c74233d946add35f24f9f69fc534a5
Author: Vishvananda Ishaya <vishvananda at gmail.com>
Date:   Wed Jan 30 13:28:10 2013 -0800

    Optimize rpc handling for allocate and deallocate

    If we are in multi_host mode we can save an extra rpc call by
    sending the message to the instance host the first time. This
    will prevent nova-network from having to resend the message
    to actually allocate the fixed ips.

    Part of blueprint optimize-nova-network

    DocImpact: before multi_host only affected the network create
    commands, but now it can be used at run-time to optimize the
    path for allocating and deallocating fixed_ips, so it is important
    to set it if you are using multi_host networks.

    Change-Id: Ide48e0adb2e1051e31965c9a8422b27c1a9c40b3