[Openstack-docs] Help with build

tom at openstack.org tom at openstack.org
Mon Aug 26 17:37:22 UTC 2013

-----Original Message-----
From: "Anne Gentle" <anne at openstack.org>
Sent: Tuesday, 27 August, 2013 01:03
To: "Lorin Hochstein" <lorin at nimbisservices.com>
Cc: "Andreas Jaeger" <aj at suse.com>, "openstack-docs at lists.openstack.org" <openstack-docs at lists.openstack.org>
Subject: Re: [Openstack-docs] Help with build

On Mon, Aug 26, 2013 at 9:56 AM, Lorin Hochstein
<lorin at nimbisservices.com>wrote:

> Anne:
>
> Once we have the customized schema file, it will be fairly trivial to
> update the script to point to it (one line change in validate.py):
>

> https://github.com/openstack/openstack-manuals/blob/master/tools/validate.py#L63

Oh that is cool. Plus I got to use the word Pythonista.

Thanks Lorin!

David hopefully this .rng file can be easily substituted.

> Lorin
>

> On Mon, Aug 26, 2013 at 10:54 AM, Anne Gentle <anne at openstack.org> wrote:
>

>> On Mon, Aug 26, 2013 at 9:50 AM, Lorin Hochstein <
>> lorin at nimbisservices.com> wrote:

>>> Ah, gotcha.
>>>
>>> In that case, David, can you generate that customized schema you made
>>> reference to earlier (less constrained in what's allowed in the root node)?
>>> We can add it to the repository and use that for individual file checking.
>>>

>> Do any Pythonistas know if it's possible to customize the lxml library to
>> insert your own customized schema? That's a potential shortcut I think.

Just wanted to say thanks to all for looking at this build, and I'm even happier that my frustrations started a constructive discussion  - it's sounding awesome :D

Regards,

Tom