[Openstack-docs] programlisting language="bash" or language="INI" for config files?

Anne Gentle annegentle at justwriteclick.com
Thu Aug 15 15:17:01 UTC 2013

On Thu, Aug 15, 2013 at 10:12 AM, Andreas Jaeger <aj at suse.com> wrote:

> On 08/15/2013 05:02 PM, David Cramer wrote:
> > On 08/15/2013 09:58 AM, Anne Gentle wrote:
> >>     So, what's the agreed course of action?
> >>
> >>     Here's my proposal:
> >>     * For new submissions: Let's use <programlisting> for INI files.
> >>     * Once 1.9.1 is out, we can add language="ini"
> >>     * For existing documentation, we're not changing the few occurences
> of
> >>     language="bash", this cleanup will be done once 1.9.1 is out.
> >>

> >> Sounds good to me.
> >>
> >> As a note to the list about -SNAPSHOT releases of the Maven clouddocs
> >> plugin, those versions are not to be used in pom.xml files checked into
> >> the repository, they are to be used for testing. If you find bugs while
> >> testing a -SNAPSHOT version, you can log bugs against the plugin at
> >> http://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-manuals with the doc-builds tag.
> >
> > I'll cut a 1.9.1 today.
>
> Wow, you're fast. Thanks!
>
> How quick can we adopt 1.9.1 in OpenStack? I don't know what the usual
> practice is...

Typically you have to test each build with 1.9.1 and look at the HTML and
PDF for any regressions. Took a few weeks last time but we have more
contributors now. I tend to try to lock onto a plugin version before a
release so 1.9.1 looks like the right one for Havana.

Try it, test both outputs, let us know how it goes. I think we can move
over pretty quickly but I haven't tested much myself.

Anne

--
Anne Gentle
annegentle at justwriteclick.com