[Openstack-docs] Use of XML xi:include with xpointer

David Cramer david.cramer at rackspace.com
Tue Aug 6 20:37:09 UTC 2013

On 08/06/2013 02:41 PM, Sean Roberts wrote:
> oxygen is complaining about pointer scheme xpath is not supported and
> that a well-formed document requires a root element
> maven fails with expression could not be evaluated.
>
> <chapterxmlns="http://docbook.org/ns/docbook"
>   xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude"
>   xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink"version="5.0"
>   xml:id="bk001-ch003-associate-general">
>   <title>Associate General</title>
>  <xi:includehref="../basic-install/src/basic-install_controller-common.xml"xpointer="xmlns(db=http://docbook.org/ns/docbook)
> xpath(//*[@xml:id = 'controller-os']/*[not(self::db::title)])">

Ok, change self::db::title to self::db:title (just a single colon
between the namespace prefix and the element name).

You will see that warning in Oxygen, but it's just a warning (not a
validation error). This is because Oxygen doesn't recognize the xpointer
schemes. I'll contact Oxygen to ask if they plan to add support for the
xmlns and xpath schemes.

Btw., it looks like the content you're including uses conditional
text/profiling. So you'll want to add to the configuration section of
your pom a param to indicate which profile you want (e.g. ubuntu).
Otherwise you get all conditions:

<profileOs>ubuntu</profileOs>

David