[Openstack-docs] Use of XML xi:include with xpointer

David Cramer david.cramer at rackspace.com
Tue Aug 6 18:48:09 UTC 2013

On 08/06/2013 12:25 PM, Shaun McCance wrote:
>> In my experiments, I haven't gotten Calabash to be namespace-aware when
>> handling the xpath expressions. I've posted a question to xproc-dev
>> about this to find out what's up.
>
> Does it not respect the xmlns() scheme? That seems to be some sort of
> standard, according to this page:
>
> http://www.w3.org/2005/04/xpointer-schemes/

That was it. I hadn't declared the prefix in the xpointer attr. This works:

<xi:include href="test.xml"
  xpointer="xmlns(http://docbook.org/ns/docbook)
            xpath(//*[@xml:id = 'test']/*[not(self::db:title)])">
 <xi:fallback/>
</xi:include>

So now to harangue the Oxygen folks to support xpath(), but there's
nothing to stop us from using it already. Just include the xi:fallback
to keep oxygen from freaking out.

David