[Openstack-docs] [openstack/nova] DocImpact review request change I81bf90898d3cb81541f4390596823cc00106eb20

gerrit2 at review.openstack.org gerrit2 at review.openstack.org
Wed Apr 24 07:55:09 UTC 2013

Hi, I'd like you to take a look at this patch for potential
DocImpact.
https://review.openstack.org/27160

Log:
commit 03ccb2195f424d6ed53675b773f7c52016bc15ad
Author: Alvaro Lopez Garcia <aloga at ifca.unican.es>
Date:   Thu Apr 18 17:28:27 2013 +0200

    Normalize the scheduler weights instead of using raw values.

    Currently the weighter is using the raw values instead of normalizing
    them. This makes difficult to properly use multipliers for establishing
    the relative importance between two weigters (one big magnitude could
    shade a smaller one).

    This commit introduces weight normalization so that we can apply
    multipliers easily. The commit does not change the behaviour per-se
    since currently we only have 1 weighter. All the weights will be
    normalized between 0.0 and 1.0, so that the final weight for a host
    will be:

        weight = w1_multiplier * norm(w1) + w2_multiplier * norm(w2) + ...

    Also, a new "ram_weight_inverse" flag has been introduced for the
    RAMWeighter. Before, the weighter stated that to change the behaviour
    to "stacking" instead of "spreading", a negative multiplier would do
    the trick but this is not true when using more than one weighter.

    DocImpact

    Change-Id: I81bf90898d3cb81541f4390596823cc00106eb20