[Openstack-docs] What's Up Doc? Nov 28 2012

Anne Gentle anne at openstack.org
Wed Nov 28 20:47:13 UTC 2012

1. In review and merged this past week:
Great work in the last two weeks updating the Compute Admin guide.
Host aggregates doc merged.
Metadata service, user data doc merged.
Config drive doc merged (thanks for the doc reviews!)
Image API 2.0 document now available at:
http://docs.openstack.org/api/openstack-image-service/2.0/content/
Lots of doc bug fixes (12 doc bugs squashed)
Architecture diagrams updated.
New Basic Install guide merged.

Reviews needed for Quantum updates:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/16669/
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/14723/

2. High priority doc work:
Triaging doc bugs, keeping up with DocImpact requests.

3. Doc work going on that I know of:
Quantum is doing great work prioritizing use case documentation with
diagrams and matching commands.

4. New incoming doc requests:
Are we interested in a doc bug squash day in parallel with the proposed
Dec. 6th bug squash day?

5. Doc tools updates:
The clouddocs-maven-plugin tool we use to create the documentation is
moving to the openstack-ci Github repository. Working on that plan with the
CI team now.

6. Other doc news:
Our proposal to write the operator's manual at the Google Doc Summit was
declined by the Google Open Source group, but we are looking into funding
for our own week-long doc sprint for the operator's manual.

Also, please send interested documentation interns to the Outreach Program
for Women application page at
http://wiki.openstack.org/OutreachProgramForWomen. The deadline is December
3rd.