[Openstack-docs] [openstack/nova] DocImpact review request change I5c13bd895ebd31f276eb14e996025ddcfb67c3d9

gerrit2 at review.openstack.org gerrit2 at review.openstack.org
Wed Nov 28 10:36:03 UTC 2012

Hi, I'd like you to take a look at this patch for potential
DocImpact.
https://review.openstack.org/16153

Log:
commit 82bc5ced80edb68a9db5a4c9c3a1f1f63e81abd5
Author: Édouard Thuleau <edouard.thuleau at orange.com>
Date:   Wed Nov 14 18:59:01 2012 +0100

    Multi host DHCP networking and local DNS resolving

    Configure all dnsmasq instances to use the hosts file instead of the
    default local file '/etc/host' when the network is configured in
    'multi_host' mode.

    This hosts file contains all DNS entries of the network and it is
    replicated on all host where a 'nova-network' daemon is instantiated.
    There is a hosts file for each networks.

    It needs to add a new network API to update the host file on all
    network hosts.

    When a network host is called to (de)allocate a VM, it (de)allocate the
    instance fixed IP adress(es) on the concerned network host and when it's
    done, it calls all networks to update their DNS db entries if it's
    needed through a fanout cast.

    DocImpact: new config options
    Fixes LP bug #1078808

    Change-Id: I5c13bd895ebd31f276eb14e996025ddcfb67c3d9