[Openstack-docs] [Doc] Long overdue What's Up Doc? 11/5/12

Anne Gentle anne at openstack.org
Mon Nov 5 16:29:21 UTC 2012

Hi all -
Nothing like a Monday morning to get me to figure out what's going on!
Sorry for the lack of reports since the Summit. Here goes:

1. In review and merged:
We've merged in over 40 doc patches in the last two weeks, some highlights:
Monitoring information brought in for nova from Mirantis (thanks!)
High availability guide additions from Florian Haas (go go go!) Draft
available but not linked:
http://docs.openstack.org/trunk/openstack-ha/content/
Fixes to the glance client commands.
Fixes to the Keystone configuration commands.
Move the keystone_authtoken information into nova.conf sample.

Review:
Docs for security groups with Quantum: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/14723/
Replace isciitarget with tgt https://review.openstack.org/#/c/15321

2. High priority:
Let's release Folsom.
Let's source the api.openstack.org site from the openstack/api-site
repository. CI work nearly complete to make that happen.

3. Doc work going on:
I've been working a lot on the CI infrastructure to move the api site
source out of the openstack-manuals repo. That should be completed
this week with https://review.openstack.org/#/c/15111/ and
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/15143/ being the key CI patches. Also
synching the content with this patch
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/15214/.

4. New incoming doc requests:
A group at IBM would like to get the tested nova samples onto
api.openstack.org and created this blueprint:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/openstack-manuals/+spec/api-samples-to-api-site

5. Doc tools updates:
We're going to move the
https://github.com/rackspace/clouddocs-maven-plugin code under
openstack-ci and have them use the Gerrit system for their code
updates. I think this is a great step forward and enables more
contributors to work on improvements to the doc output.

6. Other doc news:
Five of us have applied as a group for the Google Doc Summit - a
week-long book sprint to complete the Operators manual. We'll find out
soon if we're accepted and the actual sprint is scheduled for Dec 3-7.
I hope we get accepted, and if we do, I hope you can support us in our
effort by reviewing drafts that week!