[Openstack-docs] [openstack/swift] DocImpact review request

gerrit2 at review.openstack.org gerrit2 at review.openstack.org
Thu Nov 1 00:59:53 UTC 2012

Hi, I'd like you to take a look at this patch for potential
documentation impact.
https://review.openstack.org/14180

Log:
commit 74287f5365ba90c80ae92f4b8021450432eae3ff
Author: litong01 <litong01 at us.ibm.com>
Date:   Wed Oct 31 20:59:05 2012 -0400

    blueprint Multi-range support implementation

    This change adds multi range retrieval to OpenStack Swift. For non-
    segmented data object, a client can use HTTP Range header to specify
    multiple ranges to retrieve sections of the data object.

    This implementation currently does not support segmented data object
    multi range retrieval. When a client sends a multi range request
    against a segmented data object, Swift will return HTTP status code
    200. Support for segmented data multi range retrieval will be added
    in near future.

    This implementation is to bring Swift closer to CDMI multi range
    data retrieval standard. Once support for segemented data multi
    range is added, Swift will be compliant with CDMI standard in
    this area.

    DocImpact

    Change-Id: I4ed1fb0a0a93c037ddb2f551ea62afe447945107