[Openstack-docs] [openstack/nova] DocImpact review request

gerrit2 at review.openstack.org gerrit2 at review.openstack.org
Thu Aug 23 11:09:59 UTC 2012

Hi, I'd like you to take a look at this patch for potential
documentation impact.
https://review.openstack.org/11865

Log:
commit 5f7b253fa6db2a8a40d3cc0dd34f16e4281b5937
Author: Mark McLoughlin <markmc at redhat.com>
Date:   Thu Aug 23 11:22:59 2012 +0100

    Re-work the handling of firewall_driver default

    Fixes bug #1040430

    We have a different default firewall driver for libvirt and
    xenapi, yet the sample config file currently contains:

      firewall_driver=nova.virt.firewall.IptablesFirewallDriver

    In the case of libvirt, it should actually be:

      firewall_driver=nova.virt.firewall.libvirt.IptablesFirewallDriver

    This is really easy for users to get confused about.

    Since we don't have a different sample config file for each hypervisor,
    the best we can do is to just not include the default in the sample
    config and have each hypervisor supply its default at runtime.

    DocImpact: update nova.conf docs
    Change-Id: Ie78371bcceac5a65978d695934e0246022f748a3