[Openstack-docs] Operations Manual.

Jonathan Proulx jon at jonproulx.com
Fri Aug 10 14:20:54 UTC 2012

HI Kev,

I'm pretty new at the formal document thing too.  I'd recommend first
getting the source and seeing that you can make that build into
documents which took a little bit of doing for me as I had none of the
necessary tools. http://wiki.openstack.org/Documentation/HowTo which
you've probably already found has all the gory details of acocunts and
git workflow etc. etc.

I suspect most people of using fancier tools, but coming from a
Sysadmin cum Dev/Ops background I just fired up my favorite text
editor and used existing documentation as a guide to what markup to
use.  If you're familiar with XML (even just a little) then it's not a
big deal, well at least making edits to existing docs like I have been
isn't.

For what to do sift through
https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-manuals for something that looks
simple to you and just go for it, I'm sure if you have any questions
as you hit bumps along the way people here would be happy to answer.

-Jon