[neutron] Bug deputy report (week starting on September 18)

Bernard Cafarelli bcafarel at redhat.com
Mon Sep 25 08:26:12 UTC 2023

Hey neutrinos,

time for a new bug deputy rotation again! Here are the bugs reported
between 2023-09-18 and 2023-09-24

Quite a few bugs have patches in progress. For the rest, some failures
on neutron-tempest-plugin-openvswitch tempest jobs in the first 2 bugs
listed below, possibly a design question for
 https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/2036705
<https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/2036705> (different behaviour in
ML2/OVN), one RBAC bug on tags in
https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/2037002 and 2 other unassigned bugs
https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/2037107 and
https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/2036877

Critical
* neutron-tempest-plugin-openvswitch-* jobs randomly failing in gate -
https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/2037239
 Just reported by haleyb - tests failing with "x is not active on any of
the L3 agents"

High
* [tempest] Test "test_multicast_between_vms_on_same_network" radonmly
failing - https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/2036603
Unassigned. Random recent failure in that test
* Neutron tempest plugin zuul job definitions uses deprecated regex syntax
- https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/2037034
Fix by ykarel:
https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/neutron-tempest-plugin/+/896188
* neutron-ovn-metadata-agent dies on broken namespace -
https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/2037102
 Not a common case but it can keep the agent down until fixed
 Patch by felix.huettner:
https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/neutron/+/896251

New
* Reader can update object tag -
https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/2037002
 *_reader roles were not cooperating when I tried to reproduce this in
devstack - needs another set of eyes

Medium
* Neutron fails to respawn radvd due to corrupt pid file -
https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/2033980
When radvd crashes (it can happen like in cases described by users in LP),
neutron does not respawn it properly - it works fine when we are
restarting/killing it
Patch by haleyb: https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/neutron/+/895832
* [OVN] The API worker fails during "post_fork_initialize" call -
https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/2036607
Enhancement to better handle restarts (as tested by tobiko).
Patches by ralonsoh:
https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/neutron-lib/+/895940
https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/neutron/+/895946
https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/neutron/+/896009
* [ovn-octavia-provider] Fix issue when LRP has more than one address -
https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/2036620
 Fix by froyo -
https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/ovn-octavia-provider/+/895826
* A port that is disabled and bound is still ACTIVE with ML2/OVN -
https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/2036705
Unassigned. Different behaviour compared to ML2/OVS (where status is down)
* [pep8] Pylint error W0105 (pointless-string-statement) in random CI
executions - https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/2036763
Random failure, fix by ralonsoh:
https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/neutron/+/895975
* radvd seems to crash when ipv4 addresses are supplied as nameservers to
ipv6 subnets - https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/2036877
Unassigned. Follow-up enhancement to
https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/2033980 to prevent adding IPv4
servers to radvd config
* slow port creation with a large amount of networkrbacs -
https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/2037107
Unassigned. We pushed an enhancement for similar slowness in
https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1918145 but not fixing this case.
sqlalchemy/SQL experts welcome there

Incomplete
* subnet's gateway ip can be unset while attached to router -
https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/2036423

Regards,
--
Bernard Cafarelli