[all][tc] python 3.11 testing plan

Pierre Riteau pierre at stackhpc.com
Mon Sep 25 07:42:26 UTC 2023

Je On Fri, 22 Sept 2023 at 21:39, Ghanshyam Mann <gmann at ghanshyammann.com>
wrote:

>  ---- On Thu, 07 Sep 2023 09:03:52 -0700  Ghanshyam Mann  wrote ---
>  >  ---- On Mon, 21 Aug 2023 11:16:31 -0700  Ghanshyam Mann  wrote ---
>  >  > Hi All,
>  > Hello Everyone,
>  >
>  > Many projects still need to fix the py3.11 job[1]. I started fixing a
> few of them, so changes are up
>  > for review of those projects.
>  >
>  > NOTE: The deadline to fix is the 2023.2 release (Oct 6th); after that,
> this job will become voting on the
>  > master (2024.1 dev cycle but remain non-voting on stable/2023.2) and
> will block the master gate.
>  >
>  > [1]
> https://zuul.openstack.org/builds?job_name=openstack-tox-py311+&result=RETRY_LIMIT&result=RETRY&result=CONFIG_ERROR&result=FAILURE&skip=0&limit=100
>
> Hello Everyone,
>
> This a gentle reminder to fix your project py3.11 job if failing ^^
>
> This job will become voting right after the 2023.2 release on October 4th.
>
> -gmann

Many projects initially fail on bindep trying to install mysql-client,
which doesn't exist in bookworm. Fixing this was enough to make the py3.11
job successful in Blazar.

Are there templates to follow for these bindep requirements? I checked
projects such as Cinder, Glance, Neutron and Nova: they are using similar
package lists but with small differences.

And is it useful to keep testing with MySQL on Ubuntu, so we have coverage
for both MySQL and MariaDB?