[kolla-ansible][ovn] availability zone for OVN

Satish Patel satish.txt at gmail.com
Sun Sep 10 03:09:18 UTC 2023

Folks,

I am trying to set an availability zone for OVN because skyline UI has a
mandatory requirement to have an availability zone otherwise you are not
allowed to create a network from skyline GUI.

for OVN based deployment only option to set AZ is in ovn-cms-options

# ovs-vsctl set open_vswitch .
external_ids:ovn-cms-options="enable-chassis-as-gw,availability-zones=az-0"

Question:

1. How do I configure in kolla-ansible to override or set ovn-cms-options
on only gateway chassis?
2. How does AZ work in OVN because OVN is anyway distributed as per
documents, What if I just give foobar AZ name to meet Skyline requirement?
Is it going to break anything?