[all][tc] python 3.11 testing plan

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Thu Sep 7 16:03:52 UTC 2023

 ---- On Mon, 21 Aug 2023 11:16:31 -0700  Ghanshyam Mann  wrote ---
 > Hi All,
 >
 > Some of you are part of discussion for python 3.11 testing but If you are not aware of it,
 > below is the plan for python 3.11 testing in OpenStack.
 >
 > Non voting in 2023.2
 > -------------------------
 > You might have seen that python 3.11 job is now running as non voting in all projects[1].
 > Idea is to run it as non voting for this (2023.2) cycle which will give projects to fix the issue and make
 > it green. As it is running on debian (frickler mentioned the reason of running it in debian in gerrit[2]), it
 > need some changes in bindep.txt file to pass. Here is the example of fix[3] which you can do in your
 > project also.

Hello Everyone,

Many projects still need to fix the py3.11 job[1]. I started fixing a few of them, so changes are up
for review of those projects.

NOTE: The deadline to fix is the 2023.2 release (Oct 6th); after that, this job will become voting on the
master (2024.1 dev cycle but remain non-voting on stable/2023.2) and will block the master gate.

[1] https://zuul.openstack.org/builds?job_name=openstack-tox-py311+&result=RETRY_LIMIT&result=RETRY&result=CONFIG_ERROR&result=FAILURE&skip=0&limit=100

-gmann