[all] osprofiler requirements on opentelemetry: is this reasonable?

Dmitriy Rabotyagov noonedeadpunk at gmail.com
Fri Sep 1 07:11:15 UTC 2023

What is extremely weird for me, is that osprofiler is not I requirements at
all - only in test-requirements, which should mean that it should not be
required anywhere except for package testing? Though I see from code, that
osprofiler will just fail with ImportError if opentelemetry is absent,
which IMO is quite wrong from the beginning.

And indeed that would make sense to me to use extras_require on setup.cfg
to install only drivers that are needed, not * for each service.

Though I am not sure who is motivated enough to invest time into that
refactoring...