Invitation to further discuss the notion of a 'domain manager' role

Felix Kronlage-Dammers fkr at osb-alliance.com
Tue May 30 14:24:42 UTC 2023

Hi,

We (SCS Project) are looking for CSPs / Operators who would like to join a discussion on the notion of a ‘domain manager role’.
To a lot of you this topic is far from new and has been brought up just recently on this list as well[1].
On the upcoming Monday (June 5th) at 15:05 CEST we would like to have a kickstarting discussion of CSPs who currently solve the hurdle of not having such a role in their environments and/or their custom frontends.

We will meet here: <url: https://conf.scs.koeln:8443/SCS-Tech>

Through the Public Cloud SIG I’ve reached out to Cleura, OTC as well as Catalyst Cloud. From the german scene PlusServer will join the discussion.

As part of the discussion on monday we want to see, where we can move towards a joint-effort to maybe see that such a role can be introduced earlier than anticipated. For that it sure is good to understand wether any of the participating CSPs do have “stuff in their drawer” (code, knowledge, experience, …) that they could bring to the table.

regards,

felix

[1] <url: https://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2023-May/033803.html>

--
Felix Kronlage-Dammers
Product Owner IaaS & Operations Sovereign Cloud Stack

Sovereign Cloud Stack — standardized, built and operated by many
Ein Projekt der Open Source Business Alliance - Bundesverband für digitale Souveränität e.V.

Tel.: +49-30-206539-205 | Matrix: @fkronlage:matrix.org | fkr at osb-alliance.com