[kolla-ansible][yoga] Installation failure while `creating shard root mysql user`

Rob Jefferson techstep at gmail.com
Wed May 24 19:58:19 UTC 2023

I'm trying to set up Yoga (as part of a way of upgrading from Xena to
Yoga to Zed) using kolla-ansible, and I'm finding that I'm getting the
following error at the
`kolla-ansible/ansible/roles/mariadb/tasks/register.yml` playbook:

TASK [mariadb : Creating shard root mysql user]
[...]
fatal: [control01]: FAILED! =>
{
  "changed": false,
  "msg": "Can not parse the inner module output:

b'[WARNING]: Failure using method (v2_playbook_on_play_start) in callback
plugin (<ansible_collections.ansible.posix.plugins.callback.json.CallbackModule
object
at 0x7fa4e6e18d00>): 'Play' object has no attribute 'get_path'
[WARNING]: Failure using method (v2_playbook_on_task_start) in callback
plugin (<ansible_collections.ansible.posix.plugins.callback.json.CallbackModule
object
at 0x7fa4e6e18d00>): list index out of range
[WARNING]: Failure using method (v2_runner_on_ok) in callback plugin
(<ansible_collections.ansible.posix.plugins.callback.json.CallbackModule
object at 0x7fa4e6e18d00>): list index out of range
{   "custom_stats": {},
    "global_custom_stats": {},
    "plays": [],
    "stats\": {
        "localhost": {
           "changed\": 0,
           "failures\": 0,
           "ignored\": 0,
           "ok": 1,
           "rescued\": 0,
           "skipped\": 0,
           "unreachable\": 0
       }
    }
}'
"}

I am not sure how to fix this error, or determine what's causing it.
I've tried matching up Ansible versions between my installation
environment and Yoga, I've tried upgrading Kolla, and so forth.

For the installation environment, I'm using:

* Debian 11
* Ansible 4.10.0
* ansible-core 2.11.2
* docker-ce 5.20.10

Any help with this would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Rob