[neutron] Deprecate networking-odl project

Rodolfo Alonso Hernandez ralonsoh at redhat.com
Wed May 24 07:51:02 UTC 2023

Hello:

I will start the deprecation process during this week. As commented, the
project is still testing against very old versions of ODL and there are no
maintainers involved in the upgrade. This is why I'm proposing the
deprecation of this project. The deprecation stops any new development of
the master branch but doesn't remove the stable ones.

If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know.

Regards.

On Wed, May 24, 2023 at 8:29 AM Dmitriy Rabotyagov <noonedeadpunk at gmail.com>
wrote:

> +1, exactly same situation with OSA.
>
> ср, 24 мая 2023 г., 08:05 Takashi Kajinami <tkajinam at redhat.com>:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> May I know the current status of this topic ?
>>
>> I have no objections but would like to understand when the deprecation
>> happens, because
>> we maintain implementations to deploy networking-odl (Though it has never
>> been tested in our CI
>> and I doubt anyone is using it nowadays) and I want to make sure we
>> deprecate it timely after
>> the project is deprecated.
>>
>> Thank you,
>> Takashi
>>
>> On Wed, Mar 29, 2023 at 1:53 AM Rodolfo Alonso Hernandez <
>> ralonsoh at redhat.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello all:
>>>
>>> During the last releases, the support for "networking-odl" project has
>>> decreased. Currently there is no active developer or maintainer in the
>>> community. This project depends on https://www.opendaylight.org/; the
>>> latest version released is Sulfur (16) while the version still used in the
>>> CI is Sodium (11) [1].
>>>
>>> I would like first to make a call for developers to update this project.
>>> But if this is not possible, I will then start the procedure to deprecate
>>> it [2] (**not to retire it**).
>>>
>>> Regards.
>>>
>>> [1]
>>> https://github.com/openstack/networking-odl/blob/db5c79b3ee5054feb8a17df130e4ce3a95ec64c2/.zuul.d/jobs.yaml#L172