[Kolla] how to build kolla containers with kolla-build for specific branch

Satish Patel satish.txt at gmail.com
Tue May 16 16:07:20 UTC 2023

This is what you should do. someone correct me if I'm wrong.

## If you looking for stable release then use following, otherwise you can
checkout specific tag also like 14.x.x
$ git clone https://opendev.org/openstack/kolla -b stable/zed

## Example to build multiple images or specific.
$ kolla-build --registry 10.10.1.100:4000 -b ubuntu -t source -T 16 --tag
zed fluentd kolla-toolbox cron chrony memcached mariadb rabbitmq dnsmasq
keepalived haproxy

## If you want to customize image do following, Create
template-overrides.j2 file and add following (In my example its horizon)

{% extends parent_template %}

# Horizon
{% block horizon_ubuntu_source_setup %}
RUN apt update -y
RUN apt install -y net-tools vim
RUN touch /root/foobar.txt
{% endblock %}

## Run to build a custom horizon image.
$ kolla-build --registry 10.10.1.100:4000 -b ubuntu -t source --tag zed-1
--template-override template-overrides.j2 horizon