[nova] hw:numa_nodes question

hai wu haiwu.us at gmail.com
Mon May 15 19:46:29 UTC 2023

This patch was backported:
https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/nova/+/805649. Once this is in
place, new VMs always get assigned correctly to the numa node with
more free memory. But when existing VMs (created with vm flavor with
hw:numa_node=1 set) already running on numa node #0 got live migrated,
it would always be stuck on numa node #0 after live migration.

So it seems we would also need to set hw:mem_page_size=small on the vm
flavor, so that new VMs created from that flavor would be able to land
on different numa node other than node#0 after its live migration?