[Yoga][Magnum] change boot disk storage for COE VMs

wodel youchi wodel.youchi at gmail.com
Mon May 15 10:26:11 UTC 2023

Hi,

When creating Magnum clusters, two disks are created for each VM sda and
sdb, the sda is the boot disk and the sdb is for docker images.
By default the sda is created (at least in my deployment) in nova vms pool,
as ephemeral disks, the second disk sdb is created in cinder volume.

Is it possible to move the sda from nova vms to cinder volume?

I tried with default_boot_volume_type, but it didn't work.
default_boot_volume_type = MyCinderPool

Regards.