[nova] hw:numa_nodes question

Alvaro Soto alsotoes at gmail.com
Wed May 10 17:50:43 UTC 2023

I don't think so.

~~~
The most common case will be that the admin only sets hw:numa_nodes and
then the flavor vCPUs and memory will be divided equally across the NUMA
nodes. When a NUMA policy is in effect, it is mandatory for the instance's
memory allocations to come from the NUMA nodes to which it is bound except
where overriden by hw:numa_mem.NN.
~~~

Here are the implementation documents since Juno release:

https://opendev.org/openstack/nova-specs/src/branch/master/specs/juno/implemented/virt-driver-numa-placement.rst
https://opendev.org/openstack/nova-specs/commit/45252df4c54674d2ac71cd88154af476c4d510e1
?

--

Alvaro Soto

*Note: My work hours may not be your work hours. Please do not feel the
need to respond during a time that is not convenient for you.*
Great people talk about ideas,
ordinary people talk about things,
small people talk... about other people.