[cinder] create a multiattach volume in two ways?

Tony Liu tonyliu0592 at hotmail.com
Wed May 10 05:32:57 UTC 2023

Thank you Rajat for clarification!

Tony
From: Rajat Dhasmana <rdhasman at redhat.com>
Sent: May 9, 2023 10:01 AM
To: Tony Liu
Cc: openstack-discuss; openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org
Subject: Re: [cinder] create a multiattach volume in two ways?

Proposed the fix here https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/cinder/+/882729

On Tue, May 9, 2023 at 10:08 PM Rajat Dhasmana <rdhasman at redhat.com<mailto:rdhasman at redhat.com>> wrote:
Hi Tony,

There used to be a way to create a multiattach volume by passing "multiattach" parameter in the volume create request but that was deprecated and recently removed.
We only recommend creating multiattach volumes by using a multiattach volume type and that is the only way.

Thanks for pointing this out, looks like we need fixing in our documentation.

-
Rajat Dhasmana