Using Veeam

Robert Winbladh robert.winbladh at atea.se
Tue May 9 07:37:36 UTC 2023

Hi,

Not sure I am in the right place but thought I would give it a go.

We have a s3 service using IBM Spectrum Scale that builds on/uses Openstack Swift.

The problem that we are having is that if the client/user is using Veeam the bucket gets locked. IBM explains that it has something to do with outstanding requests/timeouts. And the bucket gets locked, and the client/user/Veeam cannot access it any longer.

This happens all the time. So my questions is:

  *   What can I do about it? Anything that can be tuned in Swift?
  *   IBM tells me to spread the load across multiple buckets - but Veeam does not have support for that (as far as I understand)
  *   Any kind of tuning that needs to be done in Veeam (if anyone would know)
     *   We have tried lowering "concurrent tasks" to 1, but still the bucket gets locked.

[cid:image001.png at 01D98259.E2C0B2C0]

Robert Winbladh
Seniorkonsult

Technical Operations Manager