[neutron][Secure RBAC] New policies enabled by default

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Tue May 9 03:44:48 UTC 2023

---- On Mon, 08 May 2023 07:46:44 -0700  Slawek Kaplonski  wrote ---
 > Hi,
 >
 > It's just a heads up that [1] was merged recently and Neutron is using new, secure RBAC policies by default now.
 > If You would see any issues with that, please report bug(s) and let me know.
 >
 > [1] https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/neutron/+/879827

Thanks Slawek for doing this.

I have one comment for testing of old and new defaults. As 'new defaults are enabled by default'
is not yet released, let's  continue testing the old defaults as default and continue with single
job testing the new defaults. Once 879827 is released (after 2023.2 release), we can switch the
testing. That is why devstack does not enable the new defaults as default configuration and after
882518 change, new defaults are not tested anywhere.

I added more details about it in the revert of neutron-tempest-plugin change, please check.

https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/neutron-tempest-plugin/+/882518

-gmann