[OpenvSwitch][Neutron] native flow based firewall Vs LinuxBridge Iptables firewall

Arnaud Morin arnaud.morin at gmail.com
Tue May 2 19:13:25 UTC 2023

Hello,

We are using it in production since few years now, it works correctly.
But, if you think it will be easier to debug, that will surprise me :)
Openflow rules are hard to read, understand and debug.
We tried working on a tool that help debugging such stuff (see [1])
which is partially used by the team, but that's far from perfect :(

[1] https://github.com/openstack/osops/blob/master/contrib/neutron/br-int-flows-analyze.py

Cheers,
Arnaud.