[tc] Technical Committee next weekly meeting on May 2, 2023

Nikolla, Kristi knikolla at bu.edu
Mon May 1 21:43:48 UTC 2023

Please find below the agenda for tomorrow's Technical Committee meeting (May 2nd at 1800UTC on Zoom)

* Roll call
* Follow up on past action items
    • noonedeadpunk to propose a patch to reference that makes the recommendation for downstream packagers to use the version name rather than codename.
    • noonedeadpunk write the words for "The Smith Plan(tm)" (the script of the movie about changing PTI and saving the world from the dangers of getting rid of py38)
    • gmann send an email on ML asking project/release team to hold dropping the py38 until we get the pti change merged
* Gate health check
* 2023.2 cycle Leaderless projects
** https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/2023.2-leaderless
* Broken docs due to inconsistent release naming
* Schedule of removing support for Python versions by libraries - how it should align with coordinated releases (tooz case)
* Recurring tasks check
** Bare 'recheck' state
*** https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/recheck-weekly-summary
* Open Reviews