Autoscaling in Kolla Ansible wallaby series

Uday Dikshit udaydikshit2007 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 18 05:18:35 UTC 2023

Hello Team
I am looking forward to have an autoscaling feature on Kolla Ansible
wallaby series openstack.
I am using Senlin to create cluster, gnocchi for metrics and aodh for
alarm.
However I am facing issue with aodh alarm state as it gets stuck in the
state in which it is.
I also found once the load is hiking, the gnocchi metrics get inconsistent.
Due to this also the alarm state sticks and do not trigger alarm.
To solve this, i relied upon collectd. But collectd service does not push
any metric from the Hypervisor to gnocchi.
My objective is that, in case of a metric reaching the threshold, alarm
should automatically trigger and cluster should scale up or down based on
the load. Once the scale up or down task is successfully completed, alarm
should return to normal state automatically.
Does anybody have any experience with this use case or wanna propose any
other solution?

Thanks