[neutron]

Kamil Madac kamil.madac at gmail.com
Tue Mar 14 09:46:07 UTC 2023

Hi All,

I'm in the process of planning a small public cloud based on OpenStack. I
have quite experience with kolla-ansible deployments which use OVS
networking and I have no issues with that. It works stable for my use cases
(Vlan provider networks, DVR, tenant networks, floating IPs).

For that new deployment I'm looking at OVN deployment which from what I
read should be more performant (faster build of instances) and with ability
to cover more networking features in OVN instead of needing external
software like iptables/dnsmasq.

Does anyone use OVN in production and what is your experience (pros/cons)?
Is OVN mature enough to replace OVS in the production deployment (are there
some basic features from OVS missing)?

Thanks in advance for sharing the experience.

--
Kamil Madac <https://kmadac.github.io/>