[neutron] detecting l3-agent readiness

Mohammed Naser mnaser at vexxhost.com
Mon Mar 13 11:24:34 UTC 2023

It looks like this has sparked a cool ops discussion.

I’ve tried an attempt here, though I am not sure how I feel about it yet.

https://github.com/vexxhost/atmosphere/pull/359/files

I have not extensively tested it but would be good to hear from Neutron
team on this approach vs the approach from Felix.

On Mon, Mar 13, 2023 at 12:07 PM Rodolfo Alonso Hernandez <
ralonsoh at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hello Mohammed:
>
> So far we don't have any mechanism to report the sync status of an agent.
> I know that, for example, the DHCP agent reports an INFO message with the
> statement 'Synchronizing state complete'. But other agents don't provide
> this information or you need to manually observe the logs to detect that.
>
> Because this could be an interesting information, I'll open a RFE bug to
> try to bring this information to the existing agents.
>
> Regards.
>
> On Sun, Mar 12, 2023 at 11:11 AM Mohammed Naser <mnaser at vexxhost.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> I'm working on improving the stability of rollouts when using Kubernetes
>> as a control plane, specifically around the L3 agent, it seems that I have
>> not found a clear way to detect in the code path where the L3 agent has
>> finished it's initial sync..
>>
>> Am I missing it somewhere or is the architecture built in a way that
>> doesn't really answer that question?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Mohammed
>>
>> --