bare metal provisioner replacement for Fuel

Jay Faulkner jay at gr-oss.io
Sat Mar 11 21:41:23 UTC 2023

Echoing and enhancing what Alvaro said, kolla-ansible has great docs on
deploying Bifrost+Ironic:
https://docs.openstack.org/kolla-ansible/latest/reference/deployment-and-bootstrapping/bifrost.html
.

I don't know what you class as "complex YAML or JSON"; bifrost does require
an inventory file with BMC information and credentials at a minimum.

Bifrost is kinda a hidden gem in OpenStack; give it a shot. If there's a
specific reason it doesn't fit your use case, or you encounter a problem if
you choose to try it, please close the loop and let us know!

Thanks! Good luck with your project.

-
Jay Faulkner
Ironic PTL