[cinder] Openstack-ansible and cinder GPFS backend

Dmitriy Rabotyagov noonedeadpunk at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 11:32:36 UTC 2023

Hi, Nicolas,

No, we don't really maintain documentation for each cinder driver
that's available. So we assume using an override variable for
adjustment of cinder configuration to match the desired state.

So basically, you can use smth like that in your user_variables.yml:

cinder_backends:
  GPFSNFS:
    volume_backend_name: GPFSNFS
    volume_driver: cinder.volume.drivers.ibm.gpfs.GPFSNFSDriver

cinder_cinder_conf_overrides:
 DEFAULT:
    gpfs_hosts: ip.add.re.ss
    gpfs_storage_pool: cinder
    gpfs_images_share_mode: copy_on_write

I have no idea though if gpfs_* variables can be defined or not inside
the backend section, as they're referenced in DEFAULT in docs. But
overrides will work regardless.