[cinder] Could I use system lvm volume group for cinder-volume

韩光宇 hanguangyu2 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 06:50:13 UTC 2023

Hello,

I have a physical node and the system uses lvm partitions. With the
service already running above, is it possible for me to deploy
cinder-volume that uses the lvm backend without affecting the existing
service?

The physical disk space is basically allocated to the /dev/sda4
physical volume, and the pv wad added to the `uniontechos` volume
group. All the space of `uniontechos` vg is allocated to the system
logical volume (/dev/uniontechos/root), there is 5T space (a lot of
free space). I want to try to reduce the system logical
volume——/dev/uniontechos/root, and let cinder-volume use the
uniontechos volume group at the same time , I don't know if it is
feasible.

Could I get some advices? Thank for any help!

```shell
# pvdisplay
  --- Physical volume ---
  PV Name               /dev/sda4
  VG Name               uniontechos
  PV Size               <5.43 TiB / not usable 2.00 MiB
  Allocatable           yes (but full)
  PE Size               4.00 MiB
  Total PE              1422313
  Free PE               0
  Allocated PE          1422313
  PV UUID               8LF270-LYD1-kuP1-iWZb-BZEQ-LdA8-UwEa58

# lvdisplay
  --- Logical volume ---
  LV Path                /dev/uniontechos/root
  LV Name                root
  VG Name                uniontechos
  LV UUID                cEypcY-xcbC-JFoO-d3MS-uMPU-ntQa-WEeE1c
  LV Write Access        read/write
  LV Creation host, time compute2, 2022-04-28 15:21:27 +0800
  LV Status              available
  # open                 1
  LV Size                5.42 TiB
  Current LE             1421289