Openstack Baremetal Instance creation using Alma

Arne Wiebalck Arne.Wiebalck at cern.ch
Wed Mar 1 12:25:57 UTC 2023

Lokendra,

We ran into issues recently where a missing module in the initrd prevented
nodes with specific h/w configurations from booting into 8 and 9 (after
successful instantiation).

Can you share some more details on what exactly fails, i.e. does the deployment
itself fail, or does the instance not boot after a successful deployment, or ...

Providing corresponding log snippets (paste.openstack.org) may also help to
pinpoint issue.

Cheers,
 Arne