[OPENSTACK][rabbitmq] using quorum queues

Dmitriy Rabotyagov noonedeadpunk at gmail.com
Fri Jun 30 09:45:55 UTC 2023

Hey,

1. I'm not sure if that's a proper community goal, simply because it
boils down to individual deployments and affects a really minority of
projects, like oslo.messaging and deployment projects. Moreover, this
affects only rabbit driver, which is the most popular option in
oslo.messaging but not the only one. Usually community goal is used
when you need to apply changes to the absolute majority of services,
like in case with SQLAlchemy. So here I think we should discuss more
default behaviour of oslo.messaging for rabbit driver and default
value of rabbit_quorum_queue, which is basically up to oslo team to
decide.
2. In OpenStack-Ansible we already agreed on the latest PTG to make
Quorum queues a new default and introduce migration to them. So it
should be inlcuded in 2023.2 (bobcat) release, with keeping the
upgrade path at very least to 2024.1 which will be the next SLURP.