instance console something went wrong, connection is closed | Wallaby DCN

melanie witt melwittt at gmail.com
Thu Jun 29 18:59:20 UTC 2023

On 06/25/23 03:50, Swogat Pradhan wrote:
> Hi,
> After doing a console url show after migration, I am still unable to
> access the console.
>
>   My site consists of 1 central site and 2 DCN sites. Consoles for
> central and DCN02 are working fine without any issues.
> But when i am creating an instance for DCN01 the console for the
> instance is not coming up (attached image for reference).
>
> Today I created 3 different VM's using the same flavor, image, security
> group, the instances were created in the same compute host. Console was
> not accessible, so I shelved and unshelved all 3 instances, after which
> I was able to access the console for 2 of those VM's and am still unable
> to access the console of  the 3rd VM no matter what I do.

Apologies for the delayed reply.

It sounds like there may be some type of problem with regard to the
network connection from the novnc console proxy service to the DCN01
site rather than something with the console proxy itself given that
things work fine with DCN02 and central. You're seeing "Cannot write
data: Broken pipe" in the connection between the compute host and the
console proxy showing a connection being broken after being established.

As for why shelve and unshelve sometimes helps, it may be because the
network port bindings are updated to inactive during the shelve and then
they are updated to active during the unshelve. Something about redoing
the port bindings is helping the situation sometimes.

It may be worthwhile to check if there is anything different between the
networks/ports the instances with working consoles have vs what the
instances with non-working consoles have.

-melwitt