[manila] Vancouver PTG and Forum

Carlos Silva ces.eduardo98 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 26 14:53:50 UTC 2023

Hi,

We have been tracking the roadmap for the driver with blueprints in the
Manila launchpad.

As for VirtioFS support, the goal is to complete the Manila side as soon as
we can in this release (Bobcat).

In Manila, we have two main things being worked on:

Allow locking shares against deletion [1] and Access rule visibility and
deletion restrictions [2]. The corresponding blueprints are available in
[3].

[1] https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/manila-specs/+/881894 -
[2] https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/manila-specs/+/881934 -
[3] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/openstack/manila?searchtext=virtiofs