[kolla-ansible][nova] nova upgrade failed from zed to antelope

Michal Arbet michal.arbet at ultimum.io
Mon Jun 26 11:00:25 UTC 2023

Hi,

they just added check for service user , check the log :

| Upgrade Check Results                                               |
| Check: Cells v2                                                     |
| Result: Success                                                     |
| Details: None                                                       |
| Check: Placement API                                                |
| Result: Success                                                     |
| Details: None                                                       |
| Check: Cinder API                                                   |
| Result: Success                                                     |
| Details: None                                                       |
| Check: Policy File JSON to YAML Migration                           |
| Result: Success                                                     |
| Details: None                                                       |
| Check: Older than N-1 computes                                      |
| Result: Success                                                     |
| Details: None                                                       |
| Check: hw_machine_type unset                                        |
| Result: Success                                                     |
| Details: None                                                       |
| Check: Service User Token Configuration                             |
| Result: Failure                                                     |
| Details:  Service user token configuration is required for all Nova |
|   services. For more details see the following: https://docs        |
|   .openstack.org/latest/nova/admin/configuration/service-           |
|   user-token.html                                                   |

If we want to fix this in kolla-ansible, we should generate another
config file for container which is actually running nova-upgrade
status check, run container with this config,

and if it will pass it's ok.

Problem is that we are running upgrade check before config generation.

If you run kolla-ansible genconfig before upgrade on host1 it will pass also...

Michal Arbet
Openstack Engineer

Ultimum Technologies a.s.
Na Poříčí 1047/26, 11000 Praha 1