instance console something went wrong, connection is closed | Wallaby DCN

melanie witt melwittt at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 19:12:31 UTC 2023

On 06/22/23 01:08, Swogat Pradhan wrote:
> Hi,
> Please find the below log:
> [root at dcn01-hci-1 libvirt]# cat virtqemud.log
> 2023-06-22 07:40:01.575+0000: 350319: error : virNetSocketReadWire:1804
> : End of file while reading data: Input/output error
> 2023-06-22 07:40:01.575+0000: 350319: error : virNetSocketWriteWire:1844
> : Cannot write data: Broken pipe
>
> I think this is causing the problem of not getting the instance console.

When you say "instance console" are you referring to an interactive
console like VNC or are you talking about the console log for the instance?

If it's the interactive console, if you have a console open and then
migrate the instance, that console will not be moved along with the
instance. When a user requests a console, the console proxy service
establishes a connection to the compute host where the instance is
located. The proxy doesn't know when an instance has been moved though,
so if the instance is moved, the user will need to request a new console
(which will establish a new connection to the new compute host).

Is that the behavior you are seeing?

-melwitt