[nova] [keystone] Default logrotate configuration for apache2

hai wu haiwu.us at gmail.com
Wed Jun 14 20:47:15 UTC 2023

It seems the default logrotate configuration for apache2 log files
from vanilla OS installation is to do the following daily:

postrotate
                if invoke-rc.d apache2 status > /dev/null 2>&1; then \
                    invoke-rc.d apache2 reload > /dev/null 2>&1; \
                fi;
endscript

Sometimes I noticed that not all log entries would show up for the
same day after apache2 got reloaded.

Also it seems redhat openstack switched its logrotate config to use
copytruncate instead of reloading apache2 iirc.

Is there some known issues with reloading apache2 daily for logrotate
config? Sometimes there are keystone 503 errors, and I am wondering if
that's related to the logrotate default config to reload apache2
daily..